The Rooibos or the “Red Bush”, also known as Aspalathus Lineraris, is a plant from the legume family and grows in abundance in the mountainous region in South Africa. This popular plant is probably one of the country’s greatest national treasures and is native to the Khoikhoi tribes of the country. It is popularly consumed as a herbal tea and is a rich source of antioxidants. Apart from being a great drink for ingestion, Rooibos has proved over time, that it also offers some major beauty benefits and has 50 times more antioxidants than green tea.
One of the commonly-known truths about the Rooibos plant is that it helps slow down and arrest the formation of cancer cells on the skin and cuts down the risk of heart disease if consumed regularly. But wait! The Rooibos magic doesn’t just stop at antioxidants. The plant is rich in zinc, potassium, copper and calcium, all of which are good for the body on the inside as much as they are for the out! Read on to learn more about the Rooibos Extract and its benefits on the skin.
What Are The Benefits?
- The antioxidants in the Rooibos help fight free radicals in the skin and repair any existing damage brought on by external elements such as the UV rays of the sun, pollutants etc. There are plenty of moisturisers available in the market today that contain Rooibos extract as one of the main ingredients to combat anti-ageing elements.
- The Posh Naturals Red Tea Serum is a skin vitalizing formula that combines the best of the benefits of the Rooibos plant. Not only does it deliver helpful anti-oxidants such as the Super Oxide Dismutase to the skin, it also nourishes the skin and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with the addition of Hyaluronic Acid. This ensures that the skin continues to have that bright, youthful, taut appearance.
- The presence of the Super Oxide Dismutase enzyme slows down the process of oxidization on the skin, which in turn stops free radicals from destroying the skin cells. This leads to the long life of skin cells and as a result, the ageing process of the skin is drastically minimized.
- Rooibos comes with “soothing” AHA properties, which makes it the perfect choice difficult skin conditions such as sunburns, eczema, excessive dryness of the skin and pesky breakouts. The AHA properties combined with the zinc, help with immediate relief for pimples, scars and painful bumps.
- The AHA present in the Rooibos extract also contains potent exfoliation properties that help with the removal of old, dead skin and speed up the regeneration of newer, healthier skin.
- One of the most important benefits of Rooibos extract for the skin is that it is effective in preventing cancerous cells that are already present on the skin, from growing and replicating.
- Rooibos extract, when used in creams, could also help with alleviating skin inflammation and other related symptoms.
- Aside the antibodies that help prevent cancers, Rooibos extract is perfect for people who have allergic reactions on the skin and is even known to be a One of the lesser known benefits of Rooibos is that it is just as effective for the hair as it is for the skin. Rooibos extracts have a stimulating effect on the hair, which works from the root and helps promote healthy, hair growth.
- Bacterial infections on the skin can also be cured and controlled with Rooibos. They not only stop the spread of the infection but also limit and control the bacteria at its source.
Some of the other benefits of Rooibos extract include control of blood sugar levels and weight loss. Consuming Rooibos in the form of tea, is a great way of replacing regular tea intake and also helps avoid the intake of sugar as Rooibos naturally has a sweet, nutty taste to it. Consuming Rooibos has proven to control blood sugar levels and also helps shed those extra pounds from the body.
So, Rooibos is the new “in” for skin and Posh Naturals Red Tea Serum is for topical application on the skin and is carefully prepared with natural compounds that encourage healthy and glowing skin. Get your tea serum today and assure yourself a healthy skin!